Been a while since I have posted anything

Mgw189

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I thought it was about time to get back to it... One from today looking up our ladder truck

3458329618_42fa46fd94_b.jpg

So how many times do you have to climb up and down that thing in full gear before you are somewhat comfortable doing it?

You're a firefighter?
Volunteer firefighter yes.

Lucky I dont do it enough to be comfortable completely with it to be honest. It is actually easier going up that it is coming down. Once you are up there you lock your ladder belt on and put the footsteps down its not to bad. It bounces ALOT more than you would think it should though. If you are flowing water through the pipe it gets a little more interesting yet.

That makes my hands sweaty just lookin up there ........Nice shot by the way...........

That makes my hands sweaty just lookin up there ........Nice shot by the way...........
Yeah and that is a short ladder compared to most. Our truck has a 68' ladder on it. The newer trucks have 100'+ ladders on them now most of the time. I did have the opportunity to climb a 110' ladder once that was a LOOONNNGGG way up lol.

Ah, a firefighter! My husband is a paid firefighter in the city, but also volunteers here in our small mountain town. He loves the volunteer stuff. It is the reason he won't let me move to a town that has a Starbucks!! Nice picture, by the way.

Oh I love the shot! What an interesting angle and a definate way to capture the depth of that ladder! Looks like it extends into the clouds! Good job! :thumbup::D

Yeah and that is a short ladder compared to most. Our truck has a 68' ladder on it. The newer trucks have 100'+ ladders on them now most of the time. I did have the opportunity to climb a 110' ladder once that was a LOOONNNGGG way up lol.

i was about to say thats a short stick. the one I worked on was 95' but it was an EP

Most reactions

New Topics

Back