Been away for a while - two for comment

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With the subjects such as you have shown here, I would have gone for portrait mode and cropped them a little tighter. In the first one, the background is a bit distracting as well. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
While you were away, the description for the Beginner's forum was changed and the Beginner's forum is no longer a Gallery or C&C forum section.

This is NOT an actual gallery, but more of a place to ask questions and get feedback on technical issues. Use the TPF Galleries to show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement

Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique.

I agree #1 looks really odd in the horizontal format.

#2 works better horizontal, but that may be because some balance is provided by the intrusive, large watermark that hopefully would not be there if the photo was a print hanging on a wall. In which case it to would look odd as a horizontal framing.

OP
A

adversus

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.adversus.us
Photos OK to edit
Thanks KmH, didn't realize the rules had changed. :eek:

I cropped these to be used as HD wallpaper, and the watermarks actually aren't for protection, but rather as part of the image. I plan on doing a series of shots like this, each one representing a month of the year.

These are the original crops:

Winter is Leaving by adversus.us, on Flickr

Spring Is Coming by adversus.us, on Flickr

APHPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree that the photos should have been shot portrait. I think the second would look better with more of the flower shafts in background.

Most reactions

New Topics