Been diddled.

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dunno what you guys will say to this, but, i recently did a drama group thing.
Firstly, I took pictures of the drama group rehersing.
Then a little while later I did their dress rehersal.
The thing is I was Asked to do this...yet I havent gotten any money out of it.
It cost me £32 for all the stuff such as processing film and such...and...havent got anything...I feel ive been diddled...i mean why did they ask me to do these pics when they didnt want any of them?

I'd go straight to the person who asked you to take the pictures and ask them what's going on. Get them to find out where your money is.

Did you have an agreement in place that specified that you would get paid? Or was it just an agreement to take photos?

Did you ask the individual actors if they wanted to buy any of the shots?

Maybe it would be good for you, if you did this for free. Think of it as volunteer work that may lead to a paying job.

At the very least, get them to sign a model release. Then you are free to use the images as you want. Use them for your portfolio at least.

Artemis said:
The thing is I was Asked to do this...yet I havent gotten any money out of it.

Did you agree on a particular rate? Or just "You will be paid" ? Do you have anything in writing?
Go to the person who got in touch with you.

:edit: Big Mike just took the words out of my mouth. IF they are playing games, think of this project as another training session. Get their model releases and congratulations, you have a chunck of pictures added to your portfolio :).

You guys are right...I need a model release? How do I get one of those?

My problem Is that I didnt know that...They just asked me to take pics when they did.

Its my fault cause when he said "I should maybe be able to get £10" I said no no.

But what pisses me off is that they didnt need the pics, Its like I took them...for the sake of taking them....I just feel that they should actually Look at the photos and buy them, but obviously they dont care...So now I have to rely on the parents of the production to earn back some of the cash...

Artemis said:
I need a model release? How do I get one of those?

I always use this blanket form. I need one for video and pictures and this came from my lawyer.

Sorry Danalec, didn't see your post too. I saved that one too. I like it.

Well, that bites. I learned the hard way to always make sure the expectations were clear on both sides. Getting nice shots to add to your portfolio can be more valuabe than $$ sometimes. Hang in there....

Its all a learning process. The first job I ever done was portrait work for one of the teachers at my school, she just said well take some photos at the school and ill pay you for them. I managed to make out with some good money for the 7 or 8 prints I did, but I got lucky. At least if you dont get anything from it, youve learned what to clarify before you do the work, and you now have a whole stack of shots to add to your work.

Yeah I think your write, I also got to learn alot cause I worked with an amature photographer..but hes really professional...and he taught me alot, cause I asked many questions.

Next time ill do what he says and charge 50p a pic, and a further 50p for any reprints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back