Been Here for a While and Just Realized I Forgot to do This

colnago1331

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oops. :)

Anywhooose, a little about me. I took a photography class back in high school and really enjoyed it. Saved up and bought myself a Minolta 8000i and took some pretty decent photos with it. Won a couple local awards here and there. Then came college and law school and the camera never saw the light of day. After that - marriage, kids, and life generally kept me from ever really getting back in to it. Took snapshots of the kids, of course, but that was about it. About five years ago I bought a Minolta 5D DSLR. Took a few pics with it but, again, life (and a total lack of dedication :D ) kept me from really exploring the world of digital photography. Then this past summer I went out to Colorado for the first time in 13 years (I'd spent a lot of time out there growing up) and I started taking pictures again. Took a couple I really liked and then started getting back in to it. As Minolta had gone belly-up, I sold the 5D (yeah, I know I could've gone with Sony, but I didn't feel like it :p ) and got myself a D5100. I forced myself to get out there and take pictures and started carrying my camera with me everywhere. Over Christmas I - not surprisingly - got the upgrade bug and used my year-end bonus to buy a D7000.

Mostly I enjoy landscape/cityscape/architecture photos, but I live in Columbus, Ohio and, therefore, am somewhat limited :( :D. I'm trying broaden my horizons and learn more about flash/studio photography. I'm also working on the whole digital post-processing thing. I ended up here by just Googling "photography forum".

So that's my story. I've enjoyed my time here so far and have found it very informative and educational. I've also found the people on here, for the most part, to be very helpful. Hopefully I'll continue to grow in this hobby. It's great for stimulating both left- and right-brain activity, something I don't get nearly enough from my job and something I've really needed.

Welcome to the site.

That's wonderful. :) We're happy to have you on board, and glad you remembered to come here to "officially: introduce yourself. Sounds like you have definitely been bitten by the bug!

Keep shooting, and have fun!

Most reactions

Back