Been hiding. Here's a few :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC if ya want, but I'm probably going to post more than the "recommended 2 or 3" :)

IGNORE WATERMARK FOR CC PURPOSES PLEASE!!
4622703135_263253e839_b.jpg

4608105108_405012ef64_b.jpg

4605194191_943b83e7c5_b.jpg

4605808786_6e0b8659e3_b.jpg

4590755376_e5619d5544_b.jpg

4523167847_00277ec32f_b.jpg

Love Love Love the two kids on the bench! I feel like in #5 the flower is just floating. When I look at the last one, it looks like a could run my hand across the screen and feel the softness of the dandy lion! Great Job!!

*note to self... next time post medium size images from flickr... these are HUGE on my screen... but maybe because of the resolution I'm running? Rawr... trying to get this monitor hooked up to laptop thing working...

I've been following your Flickr and I've commented on a few, so I won't repeat myself.

Great progress so far Sarah, keep it up!

:gun:

I was just thinking about you the other day, Sarah.

We've been having a lot of :popcorn:, so I saved you some.

I love the water splash! Nice abstract that drew me in before I could tell exactly what it was.

Kids on bench, :thumbup:

Kid in the field is nice, but has a bit of a cyan cast to it.

The floating flower could work better if there was some seperation from the background. Nice leading line there, but it is lost.

Last edited:
Oh bitter, how I've missed you!!! :gun:

I added the cyan hue in pp. I kinda liked it but have only gotten "it doesn't work" type comments. Meh, that's fine. I was trying something a little different for me :) lol

I think #4 would look great if you warmed it up.

#1 A bit over exposed and quite some color noise visible. Due to the nature of the lens you used you have extremely shallow depth of field. I have a hard time determining where your focus point was. IMO this shot has to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise and level the fly. I think it will look a lot more pleasing.

#2 Nice colors, still some motion blur visible. Try a faster shutter speed next time.

#3 Over exposed, look at the legs and arms there you have patches of skin totally blown out. Could be a result of PP. The setting looks fine but the kids are not showing a special moment (well it's not like you tell them to give you a special moment). The boy probably just plays around with a bug on the bench and the girl watches. It's lacking a bit of concept there IMO. The way you worked the colors looks good.

#4 Ouch. Using cold color tones on images of kids is a tough game. That boy is way too lovable to be put into a Cyan image. First I'd have said the WB is way off but obviously you added the Cyan. Check his hair and some parts of the grass, you blew out some of the colors because of the Cyan tinting. I don't think this worked out too well. The picture itself is captured nicely. Focus appears to be in front of the boy and not on the boy.

#5 drop it. Nothing to see here except some generic tiny yellow flower.

#6 GREAT! Near perfect. Very nice image to hang on the wall! Well done!

Lol wow creisinger :) thanks for the great cc!!

Overall I like them. But this one impacted me the most.

I am curious... It looks to me as if the focal point is on his/her leg area? Is this so? And was it done purposely?

I think I'd prefer it if the entire bug (or head) were in focus... But I do like it. :)

:thumbup:

I took the liberty of changing it a bit... Its just my opinion... (ie. if it were my photo)

I used the GIMP... Croped it to a square frame, adjusted the White Balance a bit and chose "Auto Color Enhance", and added a border.

4622703135_263253e839_b-edit.jpg

thanks bus :) I like it :)

BTW Creisinger, the fly was on the side of my car which is why the picture is the way it is. You are absolutely right though, I could rotate it and have him standing up instead of on his side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back