Photos OK to edit
C&C please.

Thanks.

ed5d16c5.jpg

b3946823.jpg

35c06ef4.jpg

e08b4730.jpg

Last edited:
They all look underexposed to me. A diffused flash would have worked well.

2+3 shutter speed is too low for the focal length used making the image soft

Can you explain please?

Thanks.

Yeah, when you're shooting keep in mind that you want your shutter speed to be 1/focal length. So if you're shooting at 200mm you want your shutter speed to be 1/200s AT A MINIMUM (on a full frame camera, so it would be slightly faster on a cropped frame on 200mm.) But the same thing goes for shooting at 50mm... Keep your shutter speed above 1/50s and you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll get camera shake at long focal lengths with slow shutter speeds.

Can you explain please?

Thanks.

Yeah, when you're shooting keep in mind that you want your shutter speed to be 1/focal length. So if you're shooting at 200mm you want your shutter speed to be 1/200s AT A MINIMUM (on a full frame camera, so it would be slightly faster on a cropped frame on 200mm.) But the same thing goes for shooting at 50mm... Keep your shutter speed above 1/50s and you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll get camera shake at long focal lengths with slow shutter speeds.

Thank you, never knew that. Thanks sent.

So if I'm using all of my 105mm * 1.5 (crop sensor) = 157.5 minimum shutter speed = 1/160 second. My formula correct?

Can you explain please?

Thanks.

Cheers saved me a job :lol:

Good advice above, and did you try your hand at skin smoothing? I really doesn't work.she is young, she is fine!

Good advice above, and did you try your hand at skin smoothing? I really doesn't work.she is young, she is fine!
I'd agree with you that it doesn't work but won't agree that she's too young:
From my Buddie's collection
SAA_0367.jpg

I love the first and last one :)

So if I'm using all of my 105mm * 1.5 (crop sensor) = 157.5 minimum shutter speed = 1/160 second. My formula correct?

Yes, shutter speed that fast or faster than that shutter speed will work.

I'd agree with you that it doesn't work but won't agree that she's too young:
From my Buddie's collection
SAA_0367.jpg

Don't really see the point of putting this up for comparison,his is all face, and most people do tend to go heavy handed when first trying it.

are we allowed to post other folks photos? Odd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back