Been practicing, ready for 2nd C&C

UtahsRebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been busy reading, practicing, and observing, so maybe I'm ready for another C&C. Tell me how I've done.

1. The sky is blown, but other than that.
2952849257_f296443499.jpg

2956996714_7a0010a56b.jpg

2901378919_92eb651037.jpg

These are all kinda neat in very different ways. Not loving the squarish crop though.

Not loving the squarish crop though.

After reading this, I went back to review the photos thinking, "Squarish crops? Like I didn't notice any vegetables in these photos". Duh, cropped photos. I'm an agriculture officer with USDA. Forgive me, lol. <slaps forehead>

#1 and #3 are pretty okay. #2, I feel, should have been in focus with the leaf.

I'm not crazy about the second one. If you would have included more of the suroundings it may have opleased me more. The color isn't bad but i'm just left wondering. The other two are very nice. Good work.

After reading this, I went back to review the photos thinking, "Squarish crops? Like I didn't notice any vegetables in these photos". Duh, cropped photos. I'm an agriculture officer with USDA.

hahahahah... I do stuff like that ALLL the time. Don't feel bad. :)

I'm not crazy about the second one. If you would have included more of the suroundings it may have opleased me more. The color isn't bad but i'm just left wondering. The other two are very nice. Good work.

That was basically my issue with the square crops... :lol:

Thank you for the comments. I'm afraid you probably wouldn't have found #2 any more interesting before the crop. Here is the original, uncropped. The only thing I took off was the shadow of the rock over hanging the water. I guess maybe composition was/is the problem

Last edited:
Weird. The aspect ratio on your camera looks waaaay more square than mine.

Could that be because of how Flickr uploads and resizes?? Click on the above photo and you can go to the full size original.

Nope... I think my cam just takes wider images than yours. <shrug>

Most reactions

Back