Beer?

my best beer shot

28695177-M.jpg

well no crisp clear bubbles here and again me caught red handed with cheap beer, but it was Christmas Day, only gas staions here open
Xmasbeer.jpg

well no crisp clear bubbles here and again me caught red handed with cheap beer, but it was Christmas Day, only gas staions here open
Xmasbeer.jpg
Holy crap, you're actually somewhat handsome in this shot - or at least sort of palatable :er: . Make this your avatar. It's much better than the current one.

I'm about as far from being a beer fan as you can get, but I love the photo! The lighting, the color, the reflection, the bubbles, the foam, the glass, and the simplicity of the background all come together beautifully.

Ok inspired by all the beer threads here I thought I'd make my own. Beer that is not a photograph. It was good very good. I poured it and just then the light of the lord came out. As I threw the bottle away I knew I had to take a photo so I ran and assembled my crap. Got the camera back up snap. Look at the LCD pretty average photo:

1050046951_775a5483ea.jpg

Now I thought I could do better and went to pickup the glass to align it differently and for whatever reason the beer disappeared. I couldn't take a photo of an empty glass so I thought dammit, great opportunity missed. Felt strangely refreshed though :lol:

Hey Garbz,

that's a great picture.

Can you tell me a bit about the camera you used and your settings? The lighting is magical:wink:

Camera and settings were immaterial. This photo was made just by the lighting and could have been done with a P&S, albeit with less background blur. Equipment: D200, 105mm macro from across the room (it was the lens mounted at the time and I couldn't care about changing it). ISO100 f/3 1/125th.

Beer on the kitchen bench. The 4:17pm lighting coming through a door at around 30deg left of right behind the glass. That was the secret :)

Holy crap, you're actually somewhat handsome in this shot - or at least sort of palatable :er: . Make this your avatar. It's much better than the current one.

whoa! sort of palatable!? Careful or I will light this place up with self portraits! :lmao:
DSC00063.jpg

ha yea totally, I think I look tough in my avatar anyhow hahahahaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back