before & after

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was browsing a website where models look for work and came across this young lady(she's 18 yrs old) ... i thought she had a lot of potential and offered to do her a photo shoot free of charge :D

she came by today and brought her mom with her :shock: .. so u can imagine how chatty and "directorial" her mom was :lol:

anywho .. this is the photo that i saw of her at first sight in her "modeling" portfolio ... she's just starting out

tabitha.jpg

these are the ones i took of her today on my Olympus E20 digital cam (RAW mode)

tabitha2.jpg

tabitha3.jpg

tabitha4.jpg

the wardrobe she brought over was garbage, i had to dig in my closet to find some of my stuff ... so those are my clothes she's wearing :p

geeze dew, you might even be able to make me look beautiful, i thought she was pretty in normal shot, but you've certainly added a lot of sophistication to her look, i really love shot 2, very different. The makeup looks a bit much on number one for a closeup (thats just my personal preference), i prefer the more 'subdued' look in shot 3. But that may have been what you were angling at.

the wardrobe she brought over was garbage

lol, the real challenge would be to try to get the same effect with the clothes she was wearing :p Glad you can't see what i'm wearing :oops:

Very nice Dew, you certainly have a way with people

Wow, what a difference Dew. You do seem to have a knack with people. One of these days we'll all be able to say... "I knew her when..." :D

Dew, my fist response to seeing #1 was "Wow" (I said it out loud!) She just looks so mature and sophisticated - doesn't look like the same person.

#2 I really like. I like the look on her face, the position she's in and the shoes she's wearing (are the shoes yours or hers?)

#3 not bad, it definitely shows a different side than 1 & 2. Vonnagy's, "subdued" describes it well.

By the way, Vonnagy, as for people's clothes...I think most people (including myself) could use a What Not To Wear crew to show up at their house.

Incredible transformation Dew :thumbsup: I'm sure model and mommy were quite pleased with these.

outstanding. real nice lighting- how did you get the glow behind the model in shot #2- some kinda kicker behind the model aimed at the background? what did you use for a key light?
beautiful work, Dew.

the trick is with lighting .. i'll tell u my secret if u really want to know :p

im beat right now ... i just finished shooting a new female urban clothing line .. 7 hrs :shock: .. .hairstylist, make-up artists, creative director, technical and location advisor (the hubby) and the like ... soon i'll have my first tear sheet (magazine) :D

i took over 200 images, gotta work on them tonight

Great job as always!!! In my experience I dread when the model brings a coach. In my infinite wisdom I end up kicking the "coach" out. As you can imagine it is never a pretty sight. This is my photo shoot! The photos end up developing really well. To be honest most never end up coming back.

It is clear that the subject is comfortable. They definitely have the Dew trademark of animation! Technically the frames are right on track. I can only question the yellow eye Make up.

Nice work. I'm going to go out on a limb and offer my suggestions in the name of scholarship. BTW, who did the make up?

1. Background lighting is just a little off for me. I see some sort of effort to make a halo around her head...but feel as if it's a little soft. I'd either take it out or enhance it more. I think a ring flash would have been awesome on this pic. Also the frayed shirt detracts from the porcelein of her skin. On the cosmetic side, I'd like to see the eye shadow a little more dramatic. The same color just deeper.

2. Again, not crazy about the shadows of the back ground. This pics looks as if it should be on a bright solid white background.

3. Great portrait.

I know hindsight is always 20/20, so it's easier said than done...but it's something to think about.

Now that's the technical side. The artistic side is amazing. You really have a knack for seeing the beauty in the ordinary and bringing that out.

i have all of these on plain white background as well ... im trying to get out of the plain background because i noticed all my photos are looking the same with it ... so i tried a gradient

make-up/hair artist Christine Guzobad of New York

this shoot that i just did .. i got some wicked mohawks :lol: (great hairstylist) .... im looking to go more high fashion with very little beauty work (its too boring) .. the last one i wanted to do something a little different ... something softer ... that's just a plain wall ... the color of the room

Most reactions

New Topics

Back