Before and After's

Bumped for Tyson ... sorry, so many of either the Befores or the Afters have gone and the links no longer work ... but here you can see what can be done (and the photo of the "Basket" in one of your early threads sure benefitted a little from PS treatment, don't you think so?)

This is from about 6 months ago. I did it as a demo to show how a few subtle chances can help.

retouch.jpg

I like the second of those three, in the last the skin tone looks unnatural...

I like the second of those three, in the last the skin tone looks unnatural...

I wasn't trying to make it look natural. I was trying to get an old photo look to it.

I took this shot of my son a couple of weeks back. I wasn't happy with my DOF and his hair looked a little funny because he wouldn't let me pick it out and he hadn't had a cut in a while. Here is what I did with it.

Before:
img0081wc5.jpg

After:
joeyatacadiawithdof2ve1.jpg

Here's a few portraits I've been working on. My wife and I got our 4-light kit about a week ago, so I've been practicing a little bit with my lighting. I've also been trying to hone my photoshop skills as well, i.e. color enhancement, noise reduction, sharpening techniques, blemish removal, wrinkle recuction, teeth whitening, stray hair removal, tonal range preservation, skin smoothing techniques, and successful black & white conversion. I know the poses aren't the best, but that wasn't necessarily my biggest aim for these photos. I just picked the best out of the bunch.

before_after_nikki01.jpg

before_after_nikki02.jpg

before_after_kope01.jpg

before_after_kope02.jpg

before_after_kope03.jpg

Here's a shot I took at the Classic Car Show 2005 at Barcelona.
It was real pain to avoid the hundreds of lights and reflections, so I decided to get rid of most of them. Hope you like it:

Before:

76213891.jpg

and After:

72217415.jpg

beforeafterp.jpg

The Fairy Godmother - A photograph reveals what she turned around for.

Last edited:
Alison - nice job taking a mediocre shot and making it stand out!

Most reactions

Back