Before the creepy tree guy

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few of the photos I took before the guy hiding in the woods creeped me out.
DSC_0206_7550a.jpg

DSC_0214_7558a.jpg

DSC_0230_7574a.jpg

That creepy guy sure started a rage in your other post! Did you see what's going on over there?
I like #1 here. I think the foreground bushes take away from the colors and church steeple on the other side though. I would crop the bottom off?

Listen to me giving advice when I'm getting hit hard on my horizon in Landscape section ;)

Also like #1 best. Would crop some of bottom and close out the two taller twigs (center and right). The one on the right really bugs me that it's reaching the other side of the water.

Sorry that the other thread turned into somewhat a mess. It happens time to time. It would be nice if we just tried to read what you said "not going to happen".

Good eye
First one is the best, I think. It has something on the far shore to attract and anchor the eye.
But you need to watch the horizontals.
Things that should be horizontal, shouldn't be tilted unless there is an artistic reason.
upload_2015-10-20_20-20-50.png

Need to use levels to brighten up the lights and do some sharpening to give it a bit of punch. Contrast Enhancement - Luminous Landscape

church111.jpg

Good eye
First one is the best, I think. It has something on the far shore to attract and anchor the eye.
Things that should be horizontal, shouldn't be tilted unless there is an artistic reason.

Darn, pretty sure I "straightened" that one too! I probably made it worse. I have a really hard time using the straighten tool in Elements. Love your edit. I'm still learning most of the post processing stuff. Thanks for the link!

Don't tilt your head when using the straightening tool, it's counter to what you are trying to do :) :) Teeheee ;)

I like the first one a lot! The composition on the second one looks great,:thumbyo: but I'm not a fan of some of those buildings.

@The_Traveler Wow - that was a great link, so simple. As I said still very new at post processing and I hadn't used that filter before. :)

Good eye
View attachment 110192

Need to use levels to brighten up the lights and do some sharpening to give it a bit of punch. Contrast Enhancement - Luminous Landscape

View attachment 110194
The steeple, which should be vertical, looks vertical to me. Did you think for a minute that the shoreline could be closer on the left than the right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back