Beginer dSLR. Canon Lens.

Rogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've decded to take previous advice and inviest in a cheaper dSLR rather than the 'large zoom' compact cameras.

I have a Canon lens from my EOS 700

'Canon zoom lens; EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6; Power Zoom'

and wondering which dSLR body can i get from around the £200 mark that will take this lens.

but will this lens be any better than say a Finepix S5800 or S6500?

opinions!

Thanks

A Dslr will be better than those 2 cameras no matter what. I dont know the conversion but i would look for the Xt, or Xti (350d, 400d)

JimmyO's got it. With your budget your probably best off looking at the 350D.

and that'll take my lens alright?

(there are no cheaper ones that have cheap lens's?)

seems to be about £170 for a body on its own. does that sound about right?

seems to be about £170 for a body on its own. does that sound about right?

The body runs about $380-$400 US. I havent visited Europe in a long time, so I no longer know the exchange rate.

well $400 is about £200 so its almost exactly half.

and the £170 is 2nd hand off ebay

That lens will work fine on just about any Canon DSLR out there. Just beware that most of DSLRs will give a different angle of view than what you'll see with your EOS 700. Click the crop factor link in my signature for links to a bunch of explanations. basically the DSLR view will be a lot longer and not as wide as on your film camera. If you like longer views that's great, but if you like wide it's bad.

right well i have a quick question

ive just been offered a FInepix s5600 (s5200 some places) for £70 including memory card and carry case. wondering what peoples thoughts are on this camera? because it should keep me going for a few months until i can buy a dSLR... i think!

will the Canon 300D also work with my current lense as it is much closer to my price range

Most reactions

New Topics

Back