Beginner! 6 new pics, c&c appreciated!

AaronB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I just discovered your lovely forum today. I recently bought an Olympus 600uz from Sams Club for around $150. It's not very good, but it was a decent deal and all I need as a beginner! :D It's 12mp and has a 15x zoom which is nice.

So over the past few days I've been taking it around my college campus and snapping some shots. I chose around 6 to post. Let me know what you think! (Btw, I did some editing with a PS trial so if you have some tips for that aspect too that would be awesome!) Thanks!

Twolightsedited.jpg

sunsetedited.jpg

sunbehindedited.jpg

pathedited-1.jpg

closefloweredited.jpg

brownfloweredited.jpg

#1 I dont normally like light photos, but these look alright.
#2 Looks good, maybe a different crop, looks off-center, but not really rule of thirds or anything? Maybe a little more to the right.
#3 Interesting but im not feeling it, CLOSE THOUGH!
#4 Nice, *maybe* a better shot possible if you stand on the side of the trail instead of directly on top of it?
#5 Nice again, others flowers are slightly distracting
#6 I dont really like photos of weeds or dead vegetation lol...

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it.

they are really good for being so new and having a 150.00 camera! keep shooting!

Welcome to the forum I love the last 3.Nice set of pics thanks for sharing

I really like photo #4!

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to getting more involved in the forums and taking new pics!

#2, 3, and 4 are my faves. I especially like #4. I'm always trying to find shots like this.

Very nice shoots and great job in ps. I really liked 1-4 the most keep shootin

I like #3, it looks as if the trees are grabbing the sun! Beautiful.

1) I like it, nice composition and color.
2) Bad flare
3) Kinda boring forground elements. Everyone knows that you can make shadows with the setting sun, try to include a unique or recognizable sulhouette.
4) Good, although I think this would look nice in monochrome. I will do a quick edit and attach at the bottom of this
5) OOF and appears to have a colorcast.
6) Decent, but looks like it could use a little contrast adjustment, and looks just a tiny bit blown out in certain spots.

pathedited-2 by GooniesNeverSayDie11, on Flickr

You're right, that does look good in B&W! Thanks for the tips!

Def like the b&w conversion did u do any other changes to it besides the conversion?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back