Beginner - camera dilemma

JennyP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all.. small dilemma in choosing between the Nikond3100 or the Nikon d3200. My budget is small so I'm not sure if the extra money for the Nikon d3200 is worth it?... any advice? should I just pay the extra for the megapixels and noise reduction?

Rest assured, the extra for the D3200 is worth it.

As far as the image sensor, in addition to a slight increase in ISO performance, you get more dynamic range and more color depth with the D3200.
There are other appreciable improvements in the D3200's video capabilities.

DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

Last edited:
Absolutely, positively worth it!!!
Get the D3200 :heart:

Thanx for the info!.. will definitely look into it! :D

I bought a D3200 a year ago and think it's a great camera. You will be happy with it.

A few of the things I gripe about with my d3100 were fixed with the d3200.

Any considerations for one of the larger bodies like a D7000?
It's so nice to have the option of a battery grip and the AF motor. Just sayin'.

you can grip a d3200, you just can't buy a nikon grip.

None of the features of a more expensive camera will make any impact on the merits of your photography. Why not spend the extra on a photo course?

If your budget is so small then stick with the 3200, it's worth the extra stretch. I nearly bought a D3100/3200 until some of my requirements pushed me to the D5100 then the D7000. But they are all great cameras.

If your budget is small I would go with the D3200 if at all possible and you can stretch your budget a little more I would suggest the D5100. As a beginner it will give you that much more for advancement. I actually compared the D5100 vs D3200. But if you can only afford the d3200 then go for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back