Beginner Digital SLR

Blairc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm planning to get a digital SLR as I think I am ready to make the jump form film SLRs. Developing pictures is the main reason I'm switching among other things. My Dad own a Canon EOS 350D, and I have used it on many occasions, and love it. However, the new Nikons look attractive as well, and I am stuck between wether to get a 350, a Nikon or something else. What do you suggest?

Blair

Welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of similar questions & answers on the forum here. The search function should turn up quite a few good threads to read.

The best advice is to go into a store and compare them by holding them in your hands. The one that feels the best...usually is. All the entry level DSLR cameras are very good and really quite similar.

That being said, since you Dad owns a Canon...it would probably be in your best interest to get a Canon. That way, you can share lenses. Getting the same model (350D) may also be a good idea because you will be able to help each other out very easily.

Thanks for the reply. We discussed that option, and I think he is alright with that.:D

Blair

have bought a canon rebel xti 400d. bought the 50mm f1.8 too
now my next lenses will be 17-55mm, f2.8 is
the only problem i have at the long end, the 70-200mm
canon lenses are all white . kinda scary when u go in strange places, it is not the $1,000. for the 70-200mmf/4 L, or the f/2.8 version.it is the white colour. i know that i make a sacrifice by buying other the canon, but seems the sigma version is cheaper and pretty close in performance.
not plannig to go pro or anything else. maybe in over 5 years. but for now, just smth reliable and fast working.
what should i do?

have bought a canon rebel xti 400d. bought the 50mm f1.8 too
now my next lenses will be 17-55mm, f2.8 is
the only problem i have at the long end, the 70-200mm
canon lenses are all white . kinda scary when u go in strange places, it is not the $1,000. for the 70-200mmf/4 L, or the f/2.8 version.it is the white colour. i know that i make a sacrifice by buying other the canon, but seems the sigma version is cheaper and pretty close in performance.
not plannig to go pro or anything else. maybe in over 5 years. but for now, just smth reliable and fast working.
what should i do?

well, white is often less easy to recognize than a black large lens. ... ok, unless you stand in front of a black background ;)

Most reactions

Back