Beginner DSLR Questions

kirbym2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

My wife just got a post Christmas deal on a Canon DSLR kit. I don't know a lot about Canon myself. Want to know if the value was good (in your opinions), as well as any "getting started" advice you may have. Turns out I'm not the most patient teacher.

The kit is the Canon Rebel T3. Came with an 18-55, and a 55-250. Also came with extra battery, and a nice carrying case. She paid $699 for it. Would you say this is a fairly good deal?

Second, any resources you can recommend (online video tutorials would be a bonus) I would really appreciate.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it is. That's the standard kit for most people who buy a low-range DSLR.

<br><br>I'd also look into getting a 50mm f/1.8. The Canon version is only about $100, and depending on where you buy it or if you buy it used you can get it for less than that.

Great starter camera. She'll get outstanding photos with it (shoot manual ;) )
I 2nd getting a 50mm 1.8 best $100 you'll spend guaranteed!

A good start. Once she gets used to the kit zooms she can decide what lenses she needs and get faster/better ones. I've never used the kit lenses, and I've seen good photos made with them, so I don't mean to run them down, but people tend to develop particular interests and want more specialized lenses, but that's for later.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back