Beginner here. Advice please!

Soccerplayer_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
I am new to photography and have really been enjoying it. These are a couple shot I took while in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Thanks for any advice
Taken with a Canon P&S

1. Panoramic from my hotel room. Unedited. Merged with CS4

Viewfromhotelroom.jpg

2. PP in CS4
IMG_3848-2.jpg

3. PP in CS4
IMG_3745-2.jpg

I love those first two. I think the 2nd one is my fav! I will be visiting Las Vegas for the first time in a few weeks and I'm EXCITED!! Welcome to the forum:) I'm new here myself.

Hi
I am new to photography and have really been enjoying it. These are a couple shot I took while in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Thanks for any advice
Taken with a Canon P&S

1. Panoramic from my hotel room. Unedited. Merged with CS4

Viewfromhotelroom.jpg

I like the idea but the buildings leaning just doesn't seem right to me

very nice but on the last one i would have gotten the whole front of the car

I love those first two. I think the 2nd one is my fav! I will be visiting Las Vegas for the first time in a few weeks and I'm EXCITED!! Welcome to the forum:) I'm new here myself.

Thanks! It was a fun trip although I spent a little too much money. :confused:

I like the idea but the buildings leaning just doesn't seem right to me

I didn't even notice that they were leaning! Thanks for pointing that out. I straightened it out a little with PS. What do you think?

Viewfromhotelroomstraight.jpg

very nice but on the last one i would have gotten the whole front of the car

I tried to but I couldn't get the camera high enough to get the entire front end. It was the best crop I could do with what I had.

Try the "perspective" tool (Edit > Transform > Perspective). Grab one of the top corners and pull out away from the center of the image. Once you get the buildings to where they look correct, hit enter. You may have to do some fine tuning with either "Skew" or "Distort". Play around with them.

panorama.jpg

Try the "perspective" tool (Edit > Transform > Perspective). Grab one of the top corners and pull out away from the center of the image. Once you get the buildings to where they look correct, hit enter. You may have to do some fine tuning with either "Skew" or "Distort". Play around with them.

panorama.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the tips, I'll have to give it a try when I have some time outside of work and sleep lol.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm going to post a couple more (couple car shots) in a new thread if you dont mind taking a look :mrgreen: It would be greatly appreciated.

Really liking the straightened wide view of Las Vegas. The lean was what I was going to recommend fixing at first but looks like that's now been taken care of.

The second picture seems to be a little overexposed or over-pp'd as those lights towards the top of the tower look really pasty.

Most reactions

Back