Beginner in Afghanistan

fyrfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently deployed in Afghanistan, and these are the pictures I took when I arrived with my Nikon D60 that my husband bought for me. Since being deployed, I have spent my spare time reading everything I can on Digital Photography. These pictures have not been edited, and they were taken in Auto because I had no idea what I was doing ;) we all have to start some where.

1. Sunset in Afganistan
DSC_00522.jpg

2. After our first storm
DSC_00142.jpg

3. Our guard tower
DSC_0085-1.jpg

4. Apache Helicopter
DSC_0066.jpg

5. Sunrise
DSC_0106.jpg

Great job for a noobie, hell, for even me! Keep posting new photos, look forward to seeing more as you progress and enjoy your new hobby.

Awesome Pictures. I love the picture of the Apache!

Even more important....THANK YOU for your service!!

Even more important....THANK YOU for your service!!
it took 4 replies for someone to say!!!

anyways,

Anyone can take images in auto mode so I wont critique the images, however I will critique your bravery to carry a $800 camera into a war zone!

And I will comment on the scenes

That orange sky is beautiful!
You have the composition down
and damnnnn!!! That Apache is damn sexy.

Look at those rockets and turret gun!

AS ^ said

Well done on your service (I will sound a prick saying this but I understand you risk your lifes.)
However, Everyone should be congradulated on whaterver work they do, Anyone who works and is contributing to society is good. (uh technically)
the main difference being, your job is harder!

great pics!

My only suggestion would to be include subjects, to the extent that you can, that scream "Afghanistan". That is, the beautiful scenics are nice - - but could be from anywhere. It would be very interesting to get pics from you of Afghanistan from your perspective - - people, cultural, etc.

And I thank you very much for your brave service.

I love 4 and 5. The others are cool but they dont generate as much of a story for me. Plus i was really expecting pictures that stood out as "Afghanistan" so those did it most for me. 4 is my favorite.

Ilove your pics and like everyone else the apache is bad ass. Keep enjoying your hobby and thanks for your service. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return home to your family.

Ilove your pics and like everyone else the apache is bad ass. Keep enjoying your hobby and thanks for your service. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return home to your family.
If only everyone was as friendly on the forums tonight as you are...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back