Beginner in photography need critique

Bmxbarspin724

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i got digital camera about 2 weeks ago been shooting like crazy ever since. what can i improve on as in arranging photos and also light. and also you can edit them if you find something to do to it. i have better photos, (atleast i like them more) on my other computer ill post them 2maroh.

Picture013.jpg

Lampshadetryouts001.jpg

first off, welcome to the photo forum. if you are truly interested in photography I believe this is THE place to be. i have learned more here that I thought possible.

As for your pictures in the critique section, this section of the forum is usually devoted to pictures where the photographer has a picture and knows something is wrong, but either cant figure out why, or wants an opinion on it. as such it is best if the poster asks for specific help with pictures. Another thing is that the critique is a "Tough skin" area, in that the critiques are honest, and I mean HONEST. Nothing is held back here, and if a picture is bad, it will simply be put so. Constructive criticism can be hard to take sometimes, so I hope you are prepared.

As for these shots, I think the sepia filter ruins them to be completely honest. I'd much prefer a color version of the first picture, but black and white would work for both IMO. Really I just want to see some contrast in the... er whatever that thing is in the first picture, and the sepia tone really makes that hard to do.

As for the second picture, it needs some cropping. At the very least trim some off the right side to remove the shelf? in the top right corner. It could probably also use a chop on top, perhaps making it a square picture instead of rectangular. Again some color would be great here.

What are you using for editing? If you are new to digital you may not know that photo editing plays a very large part, just as photo labs tweak prints, we digitally tweak our photos using programs such as photoshop (GIMP if you're poor like me) or paint shop pro.

i dont have any editing software. im too poor, do you have any suggestions. thanks for the critique, ill try to make my pics better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back