Beginner.LightBulb.

s-lynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
light.jpg
i​

Recently got my first camera so i am very new to this whole photography thing. i was playing around with it last weekend and took this photo. I'v fallen inlove with it even tho its of .. well a lightbulb. I wanted to post it to see what more experenced people thought and how i can go about improving//practising.​

Well, I'm not experienced, but I'll voice my opinions anyway.

I really like the simplicity of the shot, well at first glance. Upon first glance it's real simple, just a lightbulb, right?

Light in itself is a positive thing, as is life. Light is a beautiful things, as is life... Lights can be turned on and off just as lives can begin and end as haphazardly as some people turn on lights.

I really like the shot, and I think the contrast could be bumped up a bit and darkened a touch.

Keep up the great work.

this is very nice.
Good composition, great exposure.
The onl thing I might have done was compose it so that the diagonal came closer to the corner of the frame to make a 'statement' about light and dark.

(I added some extra concrete in PS)

lightbms5.jpg

lightbms5.jpg

mm not bad. i would boost hte exposure a little bit so that the way the bulb is next to would be a little higher in contrast vs the under side. that way you get soem good contrast. framing is ok. id prefer it a little close to center. slight shift to the left with your camera. thats all. good work. did you intend it to be in bw? or did you post edit it to be bw?

hey, im not experienced very much at all, far from it actually, myself just starting off.. i like this picture exactly how it is, i personally like the way the bulb is positioned in the photo.

Most reactions

Back