Beginner need C&C on pics

RHFphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to photography but really enjoying learning more about it. Would love to get some feedback on how to get better, and what I need to keep doing. Thanks.

The first picture is a covered bridge that was taken at Sunset.

4548038822_d600c548ff_b.jpg

The next is a small branch in the National Forest

4548040086_5d2bd9d0b2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)
I like what you did with the composition on the first one. It appears to me like it could be a little brighter. Nice shot!

Thought I would add a few more for C&C.

Humpback Bridge, from two locations

4547517977_679c88cbeb_b.jpg

4547519691_c3e1cc9160_b.jpg

And Falling Spring

4548156562_a4322efb4d_b.jpg

RHF

In your first set of photos, I like the covered bridge, but I would like it better if I could see more of the right side of the photo.

Your second set of photos of the covered bridges is very nice, and I love the last shot.

Are these in Virginia?

The last waterfall shot is gorgeous, maybe a little more color saturation would be good but not much.

I like the second set of bridge shots as well.

The very first photo seems a little flat for color but maybe that is just my monitor! :)

Great job, keep at it and welcome to the forum!

These images look rather muddy to me. No one thing looks more important than anything else, with the exception of the waterfall. The waterfall is nice (slightly crooked though), but the rest of the scene is very flat. Could also be the time of day.

That bridge is pretty cool.

I like the first covered bridge photo a lot, but agree it could be brighter (may be difficult though since the sky is so heavily exposed).

In the second group: the first covered bridge photo is very appealing - nice lines and wonderful colors. Maybe it's me though, or possibly its the curve on the floor of the bridge or the bridge itself, but it "feels" like it's slightly crooked and leaning to the left. Same thing with the waterfall picture: with this one, I'd either crop out the horizon entirely or make sure it is straight (that might make the waterfall look crooked, which is why I suggested the cropping). Otherwise, it is a beautiful and peaceful scene.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, please keep it coming.

For those asking where the pictures were taken.

The first picture of the covered bridge is in Newport, VA (near blacksburg).

The rest of the pictures were taken near Covington, VA.

i think you should acknowledge the rule of thirds in the first one. if you do a reshoot, you should put the bridge in the bottom third of the picture and the sky in the top 2/3s
can't see the second one
the third one is cool, but i think it would look better with a faster shutter-speed; i don't like the "dreamy" effect that you did. and also i think theree should be a tad bit more contrast going on

Thought I would add a few more for C&C.

Falling Spring

4548156562_a4322efb4d_b.jpg

I did a little work to the picture, this was actually another shot from the same location. Let me know if it was in the right direction
4548737959_375549fec5_b.jpg

The redo of the waterfall is a great improvement.

Most reactions

Back