Beginner Needs help!!

After you read the link to the Verge, (posted above) I recommend an "entry level" DSLR by Nikon or Canon. These almost always come with one or two zoom lenses that will get you started. Learn that camera and lens combo, and study your user's manual and anything else you can find on line.

You will also want to invest in a computer software for editing and categorizing your pictures. Eventually, you will want to get a speedlight, some modifiers, perhaps another lens, and you'll typically keep on learning for a year or more.

Read books on composition, light, using your flash, and whatever else interests you. Try different subjects, venues, editing techniques, and anything your budget will allow.

Someday, you may wish to upgrade your equipment, including a more advanced body, better lenses, and whatever you think you might need after you gain some experience.

Meanwhile, enjoy the journey.

i am a stay at home mom i have a 6 month old baby!

I fail to see this as an excuse for anything other than a cluttered house. I'm a stay at home dad to a 12, 4, and 2 year old. I still find time to learn photography and other things. Please don't use this as an excuse.

:popcorn: Brutal...

^ WTF is that? :lmao:

I always recommend the Digital Photography books by Scott Kelby... all 4 of them. That will help you understand the basics. A business is definitely in the far future. You can always practice on your own kid, but also you can ask people to model for you and either pay them or do an exchange of time for pictures. Take some community college courses if you can't dedicate to full time course load, and most of all Practice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back