beginner photo!

cypilk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
prelude_rims.jpg

im a beginner...what should i do to improve this?

I like the clarity and all the catchlights. I think to take this from a pretty good photo to a really spectacular, publishable photo, you'd need to get basically the same shot in a more controlled setting where you could eliminate the reflections of other cars in the parking lot. Also, I'd like a shorter DOF that allows the eye to really zero in on that closest tire and wheel.

i can see why your a beginner, what is the subject in that?

next time you post stop and think to yourself is this photo really worth it? are people going to stop and say wow thats a good photo. or do what i did and be offended by that thing.

cmon now

I think it's a nice pic. The only thing I'd add is to pay attention to the surroundings. I mean there could be much more interesting things in the reflection than some odd cars in a parking lot. Maybe a neon sign in the reflection...or a cafe or something. Other than that the technique is good.

What I definately like is the whiteness of the light. It makes the picture look very clear and crisp.

I agree, I think this could be killer taken indoors with the car on a cloth or texture of some sort, with the same white light and some neat ligts playing reflections on the door.
~Tim

thanks.. thats a good idea..with the cloth or something with the car maybe on top of it.. .. too bad i don't have a very big place to do it..

BunkWild said:
i can see why your a beginner, what is the subject in that?
next time you post stop and think to yourself is this photo really worth it? are people going to stop and say wow thats a good photo. or do what i did and be offended by that thing.
cmon now

I'm sorry, but I'm forced to ask; Whats your standing in the field of photography? I see that you must be a pro in the field. Can I see a sample of your work or is there a link to your portfolio??

cypilk, I'm impressed with your picture. I think you have a good potential.
You might be interested in Commercial Product Photography.

I like the picture. Its so clear! Its not the car that matters. Its YOU. And you do have a future. Try to do this shot by the highway, neon sign or something interesting.

Keep on experimenting. I'm not a nowhere near a pro, but I can sense a potential when I see one!
Keep it up!! :)

Right now I'm not sure if I'm supposed to focus on the car, or the reflection. If it is the reflection then it needs to have some sort of subject matter that grabs my attention. Right now it is a wonderfully crisp photo and that is what gets my attention.

Bunkwild, please remember this forum is for constructive criticism, not insults.
The idea is to help people and give them ideas to improve.
Thanks and if you have any problems, please PM myself or any of the other mods.

it IS a very well done pic... the lighting seems great and the sharpness is cool... i'd have maybe liked to have seen more of the surrounding area to the right of the car.. and i would have also been tempted to take a shot from the front wheel showing the tyre grip (as if the car was gonna roll over the camera kinda thing) but i don't know what the view from the front of tha car would have been like?
like Danalec says, it's a great commerical shot!

and if it's your car.... you don't drive it hard enough.. needs more brakepad dust on the alloys :wink: :wink: :lol:

Most reactions

Back