Beginner Photographer

NLONG09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello my name is Nakesha and I am within my first year of photography. I am still figuring out what it is I want to do with this passion I have. I love doing landscape photos and love taking sky photos. But I also love working with people. I am at a point of trying to discover what type of equipment I really need right now to get me going. I love advice and feedback so please feel free to share your knowledge.

Welcome to TPF Nakesha.

What equipment do you have currently?

All I currently have is my camera it is a Nikon coolpix L830 and my tripod. I am trying to add more just unsure of what works well with this camera.

Welcome to the site. I'm not that knowledgeable of the Nikon coolpix line, so I will leave that to others to answer.

However, I'm not sure that it's the best alternative for what you are wanting to shoot.

Welcome to TPF Nakesha.

What equipment do you have currently?

All I currently have is my camera it is a Nikon coolpix L830 and my tripod. I am trying to add more just unsure of what works well with this camera.

I am not familiar with the camera, but I think it is a great idea that you figure out as much as you can with it prior to upgrading. Good thinking :)

Thank you, I do alot of reading. And I am actually in a class for photography. I guess I'm extra exited about taking photos!! :1219:

Thank you, I do alot of reading. And I am actually in a class for photography. I guess I'm extra exited about taking photos!! :1219:

Welcome to TPF -- I'm in a photo class too.

Joe

Welcome to the site. I'm not that knowledgeable of the Nikon coolpix line, so I will leave that to others to answer.

However, I'm not sure that it's the best alternative for what you are wanting to shoot.

It is a great camera and captures really great shots. I am still trying to find myself in photography. But do you have any recommendations.

Joe

I am actually taking one online. But I am hoping soon to take a course in person . what kind of class do you take? Online or in class?

Joe

I am actually taking one online. But I am hoping soon to take a course in person . what kind of class do you take? Online or in class?

Both -- online (which I do not like) and in class (which I really enjoy).

Joe

I am at a point of trying to discover what type of equipment I really need right now to get me going.
Get you going in what way?

Do you mean going toward a professional career in photography?

Or is it simply to learn more?

Or do you mean move toward taking a certain style of photograph?

Photographs are mostly about concepts and ideas, and only after those have been developed, does the execution of them come into play. I would spend some time reading photography books from your local or school library. Learn what can be learned from books, and learn what can be learned from doing, by doing. Photography can be a life-long pastime. Enjoy it! Speaking of books, I think the many (over 30) John Hedgecoe books on photography are good learnign resources.

Reactions: ak_
It is a great camera and captures really great shots. I am still trying to find myself in photography. But do you have any recommendations.

Your camera has no hot shoe for external flash, correct? This will frustrate you moving forward with your interest in photographing people beyond candid snapshots. You need a flash and a sync cable more than, say, more megapixels or wider/longer lens etc.

John Hedgecoe - he was a great teacher. As well as enlightening amateurs with many 'tricks of the trade', he seemed keen to demonstrate that in photography anything is possible with an objective approach, an open-mind and passion for the craft and the image.

Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Back