Beginner (pic)

NguyeN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone I just joined the forum today and hope I learn a lot of how to take better pictures.

I picked up the D40 last week and finally got around to taking pictures but they were all terrible.

Well here is one shot that i feel is somewhat decent compared to all the others.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong and how to better it would be greatly appreciated.

Heres the picture.

Photo1-26-08.jpg

photo12608edittestja4.jpg

Just needs some WB adjustment!

study study study
cameras dont make good photos, photographers make good photos :)

if your good with photo editing, bump up the saturation and don't be afraid to sharpen! I'm a beginner also so i know where your coming from!

Get yourself a nice editing program like adobe lightroom. Adjusting your pictures will help you understand what you need to do on your camera. this may sound odd but thats how i taught myself.

Practice is everything, you would be surprised...

Just a note if you plan on doing car shots...usually straight on or side on are not the most interesting shots to take. Try getting at car-level or from an angle. That should make a big difference :D

Heya NguyeN, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

As you can see, your thread got moved out of The Beginners' Place and into the General Gallery. The Beginners' Place is more like a Q&A-forum, whereas the galleries are ... well, just that: galleries.
And they are open to EVERY member, no matter how new. OK?

Thanks for the warm welcome

Think i will do some more reading and picture taking til I get my groove

:mrgreen:

I went out the day I bought my XT and just started snapping pictures of my car also. I took about 200 shots and came back with not one keeper.

How much do you know about exposure? The WB is way off on that exposure. Are you shooting in Manual mode?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back