Beginner Shooting Lightning Would like some Commets

Pappa Gulf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
loner.jpg
Hey all, New to Photography with my Dslr would like some comments of these photos I took the other night of some lightning.

Pretty good, especially if you haven't been at it very long. :thumbup:

Be careful out there doing this....

Thanks for the Reply. Those pics look alot closer than they were. this was my 3'rd time trying lightning. THe biggest problem I face is finding the right setting prior to the storm actually coming in a producing lightning. I have missed many a shot because i was "fiddling with the settings".

Thanks for the Reply. Those pics look alot closer than they were. this was my 3'rd time trying lightning. THe biggest problem I face is finding the right setting prior to the storm actually coming in a producing lightning. I have missed many a shot because i was "fiddling with the settings".

After a little bit of practice, you'll know what to set your camera to before you even leave the house. Then all you have to do is set it on the tripod and shoot away, maybe making a little tweak here & there.

I know that they say lightning never strikes the same place twice, but it looks pretty close to the same spot in all 3 pics!!:mrgreen:
Nice shots. I have only tried taking lightning pics once, and only got 1 good shot so far. It's pretty cool though when you get a nice lightning picture.

Psh... dont listen to Phranquey what would he/she know about shooting storms.. :lol: lol :lol:.. JK... one of the coolest lightning pics Ive ever seen in your sig btw ;)...... I really dig the lone tree you chose to include in your composition.. very nice touch.. *waits for a storm to roll in to attempt this for the first time* :(

Psh... dont listen to Phranquey what would he/she know about shooting storms.. :lol: lol :lol:.. JK... one of the coolest lightning pics Ive ever seen in your sig btw ;)...... I really dig the lone tree you chose to include in your composition.. very nice touch.. *waits for a storm to roll in to attempt this for the first time* :(

:confused: It's definitely HE.....:lol: And thanks for the avatar compliment.

Very nice but pixelate.

I was going to say something to that effect, but the most likely culprit is the photo hosting site. I use Photobucket a lot, and it has done that to a few of my pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back