Beginners help on wedding/portrait pics

What I think pisses off a lot of people is that I am passionate about many aspects of photography. Likely one of the ones I feel strongst about is having a totally inexperienced photographer think that they can outshoot a professional in 20 with minutes or less preparation or experience in wedding scenarios, and did not even TRY to find out what is involved.. just "tell me what to do, and keep your other opinions to yourself". :)

That better not be aimed at me either!.... How many times have I said on here that I have no intentions of being their photographer for the day... All I wanted to do was take my camera to the reception and get some fun pics, Also I said that I was interested in starting to look into portraits... I don't consider myself a photographer, I do it as a fun hobby and just wanted a little tip. I don't know if there is any point in posting on this forum if this is what you get, also I put my first pics up and had 1 bit of feedback (Which was helpful)

Anyway, for tricky's post I am 21 :)

I think I need to puke... there is too much mis-guided love in this thread... :puke-rig::puke:

I can understand people getting upset about people posting stuff over and over, but at least its quarantined to a beginner's forum. I think we should all (myself included) just say nothing when we feel like really hurting some one else's feelings. It may be a bit hypocritical for me to be saying this, but maybe we should just chill a bit. Listen to some Bob Marley or something like that. Its all good. Nothing that happens on this forum is worth getting upset over (something I learned just the other day).

I sometimes post things on here that I could google up, because I like the interaction with other members. Its how you learn who people are, and build rapport with some of the senior members. There are a few people who I found out were really nice cats only after I posted my, "What camera should I buy," style of posts (I could list them, but that's irrelevant). And the truth is, if you have a specific question that's slightly different than the general threads out there (we're all special), then its cool to post your own thread asking your special question.

Remember that this is partially a social interaction site, how strange or possibly even pathetic that may sound. I don't care if other people don't like it, I'm gonna post some things that may not be totally necessary, because I want to. And IMO, I would hope others do the same.

Well, since the bitchfest here in this thread, I've started another thread in the "beyond the basics" area with the intent of gathering up info JUST for the newbs that want info on wedding photography (holy crap, are yous serious? Look... someone is actually wanting to do all the work for you, and all you have to do is ASK!!).

I am kinda hoping that the people who are all so avidly brandishing their pitchforks and what not about weddings and newbs offer something there... but trust me, I am not holding my breath. I'll do it regardless simply for the exercise.

It seems that people find it a LOT easier to ***** and complain than do something genuinely productive and interesting... because the interesting stuff takes a modicum of thought and effort.

The way I see it, what YOU offer in THIS TRHREAD will tell me how sincere you all are... or not.

So, let's right away separate the posers from the people who really want to learn and ask about the things they want. ;)

I'm done with this thread. Let's get PRODUCTIVE.

Eddie, yeah this one is pointed right at you, but not just you, but all other newb that wanted to bust my chops on this. Time to man up now... or quietly crawl away into a nice quiet corner and watch from a distance .:grumpy:

Eddie, yeah this one is pointed right at you, but not just you, but all other newb that wanted to bust my chops on this. Time to man up now... or quietly crawl away into a nice quiet corner and watch from a distance .:grumpy:

I understand you want to get it all done with and carry on to giving advice/helping etc but just to wrap things up, I never wanted to bust YOUR chops.. If you didn't get involved in this thread then I'd still have the same answer from the first few posts... 50mm f1.8 lens and the only other thing I want to research is flash but I'll direct that to your new post (Even though, as a beginner, I tend to stay out of "Beyond the basics" as there are things there I don't understand.. Hence posting in "Beginners" :)

I am with you though, lets close this board and carry on with actuall being productive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back