Beginning Photographer looking for feedback

aaron.devan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please provide any feedback you can on some of my first attempts at taking photos and not just snapshots.

Attachments

• $image-3943037527.jpg
    $image-3943037527.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 136
  • $image-39582225.jpg
    $image-39582225.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 140
  • $image-1703736097.jpg
    $image-1703736097.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 140
  • $image-3533461054.jpg
    $image-3533461054.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 131
  • $image-1374544235.jpg
    $image-1374544235.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 134
Picture 1 lacks contrast, and enough saturation. Very nice composition, and you captured her with a great expression. Love those eyes.

Picture 2 I just don't like very much. Way too much blown out sky due to the low to high angle you shot at. And the angle isn't flattering to her facial features.

Picture 3 is the best potrait. Well composed, and correctly exposed. This is what is lacking in picture 1.

Picture 4 is a captivating cloud composition. I really like it.

Picture 5 is a unbalanced composition with her face dead center. Un-natural angle that just doesn't do anything for me.

Joel - Thanks for the feedback.

What's a good technique for increasing contrast and saturation that's lacked in picture 1?

aaron.devan said:
Joel - Thanks for the feedback.

What's a good technique for increasing contrast and saturation that's lacked in picture 1?

Avoid shooting towards the sun

These are ok snapshots but the angles are odd, not artsy, and the white balance is way off.
These are family shots - meaning no one but your family will think they are anything special - and if you stick with photography, in 3 months you won't think they're special either.
Just take more pictures, compare yours to those pictures that get good comments and study some about composition in general and managing color and depth of field.

Lew

Don't shoot up noses. Try to shoot on their level, not drastically above and below, also work on your white balance.

Good job of catching reflections in eyes.

I really love the photo of the clouds. I have to agree with previous comments and say the the first few need more saturation and contrast. Also the comment about shooting up noses, I have to agree with. It seems no matter how cute someone is, up the nose makes them less cute! I have to agree and say that the third portrait is the best, you got the lighting right there. Hope this helps!

Most reactions

Back