Beginning Website

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, well I'm starting with this website thing!

I know the music is sucky (I'm not able to turn it off right this second) but am I going in the right direction?

CrystalBellePhotography

Yeah very nice and simple. Easy to navigate, keep it up.

i like it so far danfine said it right. nice and simple. i would lose the music all together though. Websites that have music i typically mute. Just my .02

One of the few flash websites that don't make navigation incredibly slow and complicated. Good job :thumbup:

I also like it! Simple and user friendly! I do have to ask though were is your pricing info if you are charging? If your not you should also put that somewhere on your website. I have found that price is one of the first things people look at!

Nice, yes. I have to agree about the music. I also mute it. Up to you, though. It's your site and I have never left a site due to music. If your market loves music and you love music, by all means, keep it.

I have to agree with everyone else so far, it's nice and clean.

The only thing I would say about the navigation is to try and keep your navigation bar in the same place on every page. Might just be a personal preference though.

I do have to ask though were is your pricing info if you are charging? If your not you should also put that somewhere on your website. I have found that price is one of the first things people look at!
I found that if you click on one of the images, the following page has pricing info on the right.

To the OP: I like the clean layout, and the image pages load fairly quick for me :thumbup:

Just a couple details to think about...

I noticed you have 2 search buttons on top... the "search" and the magnifying glass. I would keep the magnifying glass so that the menu buttons stay consistent with the menu buttons on the home page. Besides, you have a search button on the bottom also anyway. You don't need 3 of them.

Also, depending on what page you're on, there are 3 different menu styles. The home page is one style, which is fine, but then there's various pages with 2 different styles. There's some inconsistency there.

The pricing info there is through zenfolio. I just upped the prices a little, but that is not what I'm charging right now, I'm not charging at all. Every one of those photos I did to get a model release and build my portfolio.
They got the images for free.
I'm not sure how to get rid of the search functions and all of that, this is just a template via zenfolio and then I paid for my own domain through godaddy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back