belgium war memorial

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
AJMP2350CustomImage0042795.jpg

what's funny about it?! :? if u were there you wouldn't be laughing- its one of the most tranquil and peaceful places i have ever had the pleasure of going to.

It looks funny because it's so symmetrical. The men are of the same height, wear the same kind of clothes and hold their bodies in the same way.

Even the environment is like a mirror reflection. :)

I didn't really find it all that funny, but I can understand how it can be kind of funny looking, with the way that the two people are looking in opposite directions. I find it kind of cute in that way.
But anyway, it's a really nice shot. I still get the sense of tranquility of the scene, even with the cuteness of the guys. But there's one thing I don't quite like, and that's the fact that you can't tell that it's at a war memorial without you telling me that (or without having seen the place before). The writing on the walls is small and hard to notice in the image, which makes it just look like some random place with columns. I didn't even see the writing until the 4th time I looked at it. But other than that, I think it's really good. The color is especially nice. Good job :)

being an architectural nut, this looks like a great place to visit. do you have any other images of the memorial? nice work.

cactus waltz said:
It looks funny because it's so symmetrical. The men are of the same height, wear the same kind of clothes and hold their bodies in the same way.

Even the environment is like a mirror reflection. :)

Exactly!!! I noticed it too :)

jonmikal said:
being an architectural nut, this looks like a great place to visit. do you have any other images of the memorial? nice work.

yes, there are other memorial sites not just that one though that's the biggest and i can't remember the name! i will upload some more shots shortly.

unimaximum: i agree- it's a shame i couldn't get the fact that its a memorial across. unless you are really close its hard to make the writing out with a camera.

Most reactions

Back