elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let's start a thread:

I know some Bella Shooters. I like them personally. Professionaly, I think they are killing us all.
Several pro wedding photogs are banning referrals to anyone who shoots bella.
I'm open. I want to see why you would shoot for these folks.

elsapet your back where have you been.

i shoot weddings.

but dont know what your talking about????

elsapet your back where have you been.

i shoot weddings.

but dont know what your talking about????

Bella.
This is a large company taking over small business wedding photography.
I can't believe you guys have only just now heard of this.
Mind blowing.
Please, please,please don't shoot for them.

well aren't bella shooters not allowed to go over 400 iso? I think that is interesting. Sometimes it is needed... when it is done correctly they are great pics.

My question when dealing with such a large company is are you able to see individual photographer's work? Are we as other photographers allowed to recommend a certain bella photographer?

Bella use to have a corporate site but I can't find it.

I don't recommend a photog unless I would use them myself. If bella limits what settings you can use... I would never become one myself.

is bella an american company.

im in the u.k

Elsaspet, first let me say glad to see you stuck around! I thought you were going to force me to ponder that darn "un"sharp mask all by myself - lol.

Now as to the topic, I've never heard of Bella either. Are they just popular in your area perhaps?

Jason

Ugg, I was almost glad you guys hadn't heard of them, but I don't want to be mysterious.
They are a wedding "factory". They hire photogs to shoot weddings, that they book on a mass market.
They are the feared on most photography boards.

I've heard of them before. Seen them advertising on craigslist. I never understood why a photographer would want to shoot for them when they can make more money for themselves. Are some really so lazy about finding their own clients that they would give up earning hundreds if not 1,000 of dollars of potential income to have someone else do it for them?

I've seen advertisements on craigslist that weren't necessarily Bella, but were trying to get photographers to shoot weddings for $600 or so and you had to have a portfolio to show them.

There used to be Kodak weddings in the UK, name changed to something else and I havent heard much of them since, basically they would refer weddings to the tog, the K would process n print provide the package and the tog got a % out of it, is Bella the same sort of deal, could be useful for someone starting out I suppose. H

I like this quote from their website "We take care of all the details. Bella's agency-like approach was designed with your needs in mind. At Bella, marketers sell, customer service reps communicate with clients, editors handle post production and designers design albums. This allows you to focus on what you do best - making your subjects feel comfortable while you capture beautiful and natural shots."

Well they forgot to mention the part where they take all your money as well.

It seems to me that they are marketing to the amateur hoping to become pro... By that I mean someone who is new to the whole wedding photography business. Someone who wants to do the shooting and have everything else taken care of for them. And that's fine if you don't want to build yourself up to a point where you can be making quite a bit of money. Oh and lazy people too.

I just googled "bella photography" and got a Wedding photography company, in my area ironically. Pictures looked decent, but really standard and boring. Nothing cool or out of the ordinary.

I wouldn't worry too much anyway, just thought I'd google the kodak/elegante to see what the crack was, they ceased trading in 2006 and only started up a few years back here, advertising for togs n all the hype big companies can afford so if its a no-no for the big K I find it highly unlikely they'll push out any tog whose already successful over there.
One of the big drawbacks in this game is confidence/lack of, its inherent among togs, so Elsa, fear not, I think your jobs safe. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back