Below the Falls

Mixmaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This location was Falls Park in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, shot from under the pedestrian bridge. Photo has been edited to remove the train bridge over the falls and an exposure layer mask to bring up the left hand rock wall. When I took this one I was trying to do something different than the hundred or so other people who were taking pictures that day, so I went below the falls and climbed down into a spot where the water was really rushing between the rocks. The real falls are in the background, but I was trying to show something of the power of the water too.

I would appreciate any comment or critique, but I’m especially interested on the community’s thoughts about the rock wall framing the left side of the picture. It’s OOF because it’s outside of my depth of field, and the OOF foreground bothers me a bit, but if I crop it out, then the water is just hanging there and the picture feels unfinished to me.

I may also have the opportunity to go back and reshoot in a couple weeks, so if anyone has any thoughts on recomposing, beyond stopping down to increase depth of field, I will try them

Below the Falls1 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back