belted kingfisher

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
got this little lady this afternoon, perching on a concrete seawall next to a marina. she's relatively accustomed to people, so she's far less skittish than most kingfishers... i got this shot from about 30 feet away.

Fantastic close-up.

Fantastic. I see them but have not gotten a decent shot of one yet, they fly off so fast. One hit my window last summer and I sat with it until it came back around and flew off. I was so concerned for the bird I did not think of taking a picture at the time which I now kick myself for.

OK! Now you're just showing off. Very nicely done!

Very nice.

thanks, John!

Fantastic close-up.

thank you, Larry!

That's a great shot. You don't get many opportunities like this one.

thanks, Hunter! they are definitely not an easy bird to get close to!

Fantastic. I see them but have not gotten a decent shot of one yet, they fly off so fast. One hit my window last summer and I sat with it until it came back around and flew off. I was so concerned for the bird I did not think of taking a picture at the time which I now kick myself for.

thanks, Woodsman! they're normally very skittish, that's for sure!

Wow, what an opportunity. I just think about looking at them and they fly away!

thank you, Nancy! they seem to be notorious for that, don't they?

OK! Now you're just showing off. Very nicely done!

LOL! thanks, Brian!

Nice sighting with great detailing especially on the chest plumage.
I'd give a go to reduce the visibility of the concrete wall to bring out the bird even more, but, than that's just me speaking out aloud. :)
Cheers!
Jasii

I'd give a go to reduce the visibility of the concrete wall to bring out the bird even more, but, than that's just me speaking out aloud. :)
Cheers!
Jasii

thanks, Jasii! i could crop it tighter, but to my eye, that'd make the bird seem cramped.... could perhaps blur the concrete or something like that to make it less obvious, or perhaps vignette the image...

Cheers!
Jasii

thanks, Jasii! i could crop it tighter, but to my eye, that'd make the bird seem cramped.... could perhaps blur the concrete or something like that to make it less obvious, or perhaps vignette the image...
Blur is what I was hinting at ;)

Most reactions

Back