Bender 4x5

McQueen278

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been thinking of getting one of these as a project and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I've been trying to decide whether to start building a new love seat or one of these. I'll be using it with a Kodak Readyload back and Tmax for convenience. I'd also like to know what is everybody's favorite budget 150mm/shutter. I'm not interested in using an enlarging lens or barrel lens.

Last edited:
That looks cool .... I have no experience with it, but I think I'd take this over the love seat :)

As you have mentioned building a love seat i am going to assume you have the necessary tools and experience with woodworking.
they are very cool; however, without the proper tools; your in for a headache.

We tried one years ago and knew a bit about building things but soon discovered we really didn't have the proper tools (clamps for one thing) .

There was a lot of gluing regarding a lot of clamps to hold things square (as one example)

on the othe hand if you have the tools and experinece it would/should be fun

I have seen beautiful Benders, and rattletrap ones. I agree with the above post; if you've got the woodworking skills and tools it could be a really nice camera.

For 150mm lenses Symmar S, Caltar, Fuji W, Xenar, Computar. All can be had for under $250 in shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back