Bermuda Sunset - C&C

mosu84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dug up a folder on my hard drive from a recent trip to Bermuda. Found a few I actually liked, but they were all taken with my wife's crappy CoolPix because my camera broke right before the trip. Anyway, thought people could still comment on composition because I touched up the colors.

3293669051_e7391506e7_b.jpg

Cool shot! The one thing I can think of is maybe cropping it so there's less empty space at the bottom. That might draw the viewer to the sky instead of leaving the eye in limbo.

Cool shot! The one thing I can think of is maybe cropping it so there's less empty space at the bottom. That might draw the viewer to the sky instead of leaving the eye in limbo.

Thanks. Yeah, I've been fooling with crops, but I worry about cropping any of the bottom off because I don't want to bring the horizon into the dead center of the picture and I don't want to chop of half of a boat either. But I'm not really happy with the empty space at the bottom

You could always chop half of the sky as well as half of the bottom. However, I really really like the sky haha.

If you want to follow one of those very flexible traditional rules....

Draw two horizontal lines across your photo, dividing it into thirds... crop to place your shoreline along the bottom line...

Then draw two vertical lines dividing it into thirds vertically and place our sun along the right vertical line...

That should keep almost all the boats in, lose some of the water and maintain the sky at it's most interesting parts...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back