best all around lens???

Jerry,

Are you sure you are not confusing the 70-200 f/2.8L (heavy) with the mentioned 70-200 f/4L? I found the 70-200 f/4L quite easy to use as a walk around lens. It is only slightly heavier than the 24-105L which I think is the lens you were referring to in your last sentence.

Chente, you won't be sorry with the 28-135 IS as it is a known good all around use lens. Throw in the featherweight 50mm f/1.8 and you'll pretty much have everything you need for a full days worth of shooting indoors and outdoors.

Jerry,

Are you sure you are not confusing the 70-200 f/2.8L (heavy) with the mentioned 70-200 f/4L? I found the 70-200 f/4L quite easy to use as a walk around lens. It is only slightly heavier than the 24-105L which I think is the lens you were referring to in your last sentence.

Oh, I very much could be. Us Nikon guys are totally ignorant when it comes to Canon stuff... lol

Yea, thats the one I was thinking of... the 24-105L F/4, what a SHARP lens!

Did the Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 DC Macro is good choice for universal lens ?

Chente, you won't be sorry with the 28-135 IS as it is a known good all around use lens. Throw in the featherweight 50mm f/1.8 and you'll pretty much have everything you need for a full days worth of shooting indoors and outdoors.

thanks for the recommentdation, I got the 50mm f/1.8 and is amazingly sharp for indoor low light situations...

well if you want a lens wider than 28mm because of the 1.6x fov crop of your camera you may also want to consider the ef-s 17-85 IS USM lens. I have it and I am quite satisfied with it, its whole a lot better than the 18-55 kit lens

IMHO, I feel the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is the way to go, of course it will cost you about 2.5X more.

as I said, can't afford it, I'm poor university student hahaha, got the chance to used it once and is amazing

well if you want a lens wider than 28mm because of the 1.6x fov crop of your camera you may also want to consider the ef-s 17-85 IS USM lens. I have it and I am quite satisfied with it, its whole a lot better than the 18-55 kit lens

first time I heard about that one, thanks for posting... I've got to reconsider now.... again!!!

The 17-85 is a nice lens and much better than the 18-50 kit, if you check craigslist everyday for a week one might just pop up.

Most reactions

Back