elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In regards to gifts:
Let's hear about the good, the bad, and the really ugly.

I'll go first:
Best gift ever: A car my dad gave me
Worst Gift: The same car. My dad sold it a few days after giving it to me because "he made a profit".
The Ugly: A cowboy boot with a red hankerchief, filled with sunflowers. The ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Best gift ever - My husband bought me a Roberto Coin diamond Peace Sign this year. I cried! Its tiny .. Im not a jewlery person but I love it!

Worse Gift EVER _ A sock monkey doll.. with a BAD dress on --that my great grandmother gave me and looks for it everytime she comes over.. its creepy and in the closet

Best: My dad matched half the cost of my Les Paul Standard

Bad: Concert tickets to a band I despise.

Ugly: Bad art (the piece was just not my taste). What makes it worse is that you are almost obligated to hang it on a wall somewhere.... I picked my half bath that no one goes in lol.

Best gift ever - My husband bought me a Roberto Coin diamond Peace Sign this year. I cried! Its tiny .. Im not a jewlery person but I love it!

Worse Gift EVER _ A sock monkey doll.. with a BAD dress on --that my great grandmother gave me and looks for it everytime she comes over.. its creepy and in the closet

OMG, the sock monkey!!!!! You poor thing!

The best was my husband! I met him around christmas and he proposed to me before the new year, he rocks my socks.

The worst was this really REALLY ugly FISH radio thingy for the shower that was sposed to be like a dolphin shower radio thingy. It was CLEARLY a really manky lookin' fish and it had this button on it that you pressed and it let off this LOUD siren!! Like EEEUUUUUURRRRRRGHH!!!!! and i'm all like freakin out thinking "This just is NOT going in MY shower" - i didnt even HAVE a shower!!

The ugly was probably this really crap nighty i got off my mum with horses on it - it was aweful! I was also in my teens and well past t-shirt nighties with horses on them!! eew

The best was my husband! I met him around christmas and he proposed to me before the new year, he rocks my socks.

The worst was this really REALLY ugly FISH radio thingy for the shower that was sposed to be like a dolphin shower radio thingy. It was CLEARLY a really manky lookin' fish and it had this button on it that you pressed and it let off this LOUD siren!! Like EEEUUUUUURRRRRRGHH!!!!! and i'm all like freakin out thinking "This just is NOT going in MY shower" - i didnt even HAVE a shower!!

The ugly was probably this really crap nighty i got off my mum with horses on it - it was aweful! I was also in my teens and well past t-shirt nighties with horses on them!! eew

Holy Crap Lisa! You win on all accounts! (I love the "best" and your worst is frightful!)

hahah, i try my best!

You know, this year i didnt get a lot but what i got was wicked! My friends know me so well - I got a bunch of artist stuffs, canvas and everything, some valentino Rock and Rose purfume, a pair of black knee high boots, twenty quid (40 bucks) and a fraggle rock key ring, which is just AMAZING! (my nick name is Fraggle so this is actually very me! :D) Oh, i also got a wine glass and wine from my secret santa - not 100% sure still who that was! Oooh!

So yeh, i think this year did good :)

That sounds wonderful Lisa!
This year I got an IPod Nano. I wasn't expecting to get anything, because I'm always getting some new program or equipment.....
Anyhoo, the nano is a blast. I was so surprised and I just love it so much.
Best gift ever....besides the car that Dad later sold.

Best: anything alcoholic.
Worst: Japanese whisky (Glen Nagasaki I think it was... blind for three days... rambling... hair loss... incontinence... amnesia... Oh, sorry. That's just old age isn't it?)

Best: Donations on my behalf to Sick Kids Hospital (The best gifts ever!!)
Worst & Ugly: A friend made me a candelabra, at least that's what I think it was supposed to be? He welded it out of metal and painted it. I felt horrible because I usually love hand made gifts. The candle holders looked like bells or flowers......This was a monster as well....ended up giving it away at a yard sale about 10 years later. The running joke was that it was my "weapon" I could use for protection at night.

Wow, I can't think of a best, or worst, I guess every Christmas I can remember has been good, but not great, or bad, but not awful.

Hmm...I still can't think of anything. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back