Best battery grip?

harmonn2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to get a battery grip got my t3i, and eventually a 7D mii. What are some of the better options to fit these cameras?

I own the Canon brand grips -- not 3rd party. I have come across a number of people on the Canon forum (this has probably happened three or four times in the last couple of years) where someone thought they had a defective camera body and after the dust cleared, it turns out the camera worked perfectly... if only they removed the 3rd party grip. I've heard of battery drain issues, but one of the more common issues is that the shutter button will refuse to work on the main camera when the grip is attached.

Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone or we'd see a LOT more threads about not buying 3rd party grips. But I've _never_ heard of a problem from anyone who used the factory grip.

I've hard that as grips go, the Vello grip seems to be pretty reliable -- but this is second hand because I don't actually own a Vello grip.

I have used only OEM grips from Nikon. Built like tanks and never had an issue. I wouldn't go third party, I seem to hear nothing but issues about them.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I acquired a DSTE BG-E14, third party, for my Canon 80D. It works fine for me. The battery life has been excellent. No reliability issues for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back