best buy > all camera stores

how old are you pure? do you know if they hire 15 year olds i need a job.

17, doubtful, and we just ditched the seasonal people, try in like may or later before the summer, but with the economy, good luck.

I"m just happy to hear that there is a teen earning their toys through some work and saving.

Way too many teens i run into have this idea stuck in their head that people (parents mostly) owe them something.

good work.

yea, parents beat the hell out of me with the concept of "the dollar" good thing they did, or I'd be some snobby little kid.

Man I worked at Best Buy when I was in college and made decent money for being in college. I working in the car audio install bay though. I made $15 an hour which now isn't much for me but then it was good money. Also usually it takes like 3 or 4 months before you get a discount on newly released stuff like that, can't wait to see what it will be. I have some friends that still work there, and get me the discount when I want it. Usually the employee accomodations program is better on that kind of stuff...

The d90 kit was $1,118 or something at release.

Yea, I'm just a pc salesman. eh, its easy, and its funny asking me for a computer with a lot of jiggabytes.

EXAMPLE:

customer: hi sir, can you help me?
me:sure what do you need help with?
customer:I need a pc with a lot of jiggabytes of ram and atleast a 250 jiggabyte harddrive
me: *laughs* ....uhhh yea, here is one, do you like HP's?
customer:whats so funny?
me:eek:h nothing, just my coworker
customer:eek:h, *laughs*, ok.
me: *continues helping*

It's so weird when they laugh...wtf.

Dood. I want one. To bad I cant afford to get any more lenses.

Right now I Have some nice camera gear, but I would prefer something digital so I can be lazy sometimes. With the auto focus, the unlimited storage space(to an extent), the 8fps without changing the roll of film every 2 seconds. (well my film doesnt have 8fps...but that would me cool)

If I can manange a job in this economy my plan is:

get a job at a corner store at 85% of minimun wage (because Im under 18 its legal to pay me only 85% of minimum wage) for the summer and by the end of the summer, (if I can get EVEERY legal hour I can manage) if I did the math and research right, I can get the Nikon D300 and the Grip for it.

Ill just have to manage with the manual focus lenses for a few month after I get the camera (IF i ever get the D300) to get myself some autofocus lenses)

*sadness*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back