Best cameras under 500$ under 1000$ ???

You will have to spend a little extra money as bodies like the D40 lack the CLS system.

The D40 is compatible with CLS, you'd just need an SU-800 on the hotshoe.

I agree with Tharmsen here, just hire someone to take pictures of you who knows what they're doing, it will save you a lot of grief and $.

You will have to spend a little extra money as bodies like the D40 lack the CLS system.
The D40 is compatible with CLS, you'd just need an SU-800 on the hotshoe.
While true, that's a very expensive option. If I'm not mistaken, you will need the SB-800 on the camera in the hotshoe then you will need another SB-x light as your remote flash. The two flashes will cost more than the D40.

I agree with Tharmsen here, just hire someone to take pictures of you who knows what they're doing, it will save you a lot of grief and $.
Thanks. :)

To be clear, using MM you don't really have to "hire" or pay for a photographers services. She'll be able to trade her modeling services to a photog for his images. It's certainly the best option for what she's trying to do. It's far cheaper and it will be far more likely to yield the results she's looking for.

SU-800, not SB-800. The SU is an infared commander unit to sit on the hotshoe. You CAN use the SB800/900 as a commander unit but the SU is quite a bit cheaper.

Easiest option is to just buy a damn Nikon that has commander mode:D

SU-800, not SB-800. The SU is an infared commander unit to sit on the hotshoe. You CAN use the SB800/900 as a commander unit but the SU is quite a bit cheaper.

Easiest option is to just buy a damn Nikon that has commander mode:D
Oh, gotcha. I didn't know Nikon has something similar to the ST-E2 for Canon. I guess it only makes sense. :)

Thanks Thamsen. I will definitley work with a professional photographer when I shoot my SG sets. And I'll check out that website too.

Shopping around is the best way to go. Sure you can get the newest thousand dollar camera or you can go for a better model that's a couple years old for the that amount. I got a almost brand spanking new in the box Nikon D40x for $300 at a local used camera store. I have to say that is a deal I will never regret.

i'm very surprised that this::addpics:hasn't shown up yet...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back