Best Cheap Digital SLR to buy in UK?

technical.advice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have some ideas for me 'Best Cheap Digital SLR to buy in UK?'

thanks alot, look forward to hearing from you all.

You need to define the words "best" and "cheap" in your terms to get a sensible answer. Most will probably say the entry level Nikon or Canon SLRs are the "best" because they give you the greatest range of accessories and expansion options.

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/photoandvideo/digitalcameras/productView.htm?quicklinx=3q7f

If you've got a definite budget and a clear idea of what features you need, you'll get a more sensible answer. If you don't have a clue, then I'd suggest browsing through the plethora of high-street magazines for articles on budget SLR solutions and seeing what catches your eye in the articles.

Good luck

Rob

I think the words 'cheap' and 'digital SLR' don't necessarily mix... If you're looking to buy new, you're talking £5-600. I've seen a second hand Canon 300D for £299, but that was just the body. You'd need to spend another £50-100 or so on a good all round lens.

Colin

Thanks alot, just keep the replies coming

Will sort out the BEST and CHEAP later when I get home from college!;)

technical.advice said:
Thanks alot, just keep the replies coming

Will sort out the BEST and CHEAP later when I get home from college!;)

If you're a student I think they were doing some student discount deals on Olympus at Jessops. Might be worth looking at an E300 or an E1 if that's still the case.

Dixons are currently doing a crazy money off deal on the Olympus E300. Don't quote me on it but I think it was £499 with a lens (£100 off).

I'm guessing that it uses the 3/4 ratio like the E-1??

Yes I am a student, so no I dont have that much money to spend....but yes I dont a proper SLR I dont mind one with a FIXED LENS.

Well why not a Fuji S7000, i think it was a great starting camera for myself and plus i bought the 3 additional screw on lenses and its great, i am considering selling it so if your intrested, send me a PM and an offer...

I picked up a canon 300d with the kit lens, 50mm f/1.8 mk1 lens, 1gb memory, and two batteries for 550+ 15 dollars shipping a month ago. I am pleased with the camera and I am pumped to get a couple more lenses for it.

I know!!!! I was pretty pumped. I was watching Ebay for a couple weeks and found it this as a brand new listing as a Buy it now. I bought it so fast. Everything was in mint condition too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back