Best Computer for Photography?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Vautrin, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Mindy

Mindy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Allan, are you insinuating that you know anything about others here, specifically me? Because you don't. I didn't hear anyone except yourself who proclaimed themselves a guru. Personally I don't feel that I need to give a resume here to be of value.

2. flea77

flea77 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    If I was asking for information on a particular topic I would like to know if the person who is giving me advice actually knows what they are talking about or not, I would assume the OP might like to know that as well. I made no references to anyone at all, good or bad, take it as you like. I also never said I was a "guru", I showed that I happen to have a ton of experience in this particular area.

Allan

3. Flash Harry

Flash Harry No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    try black viper.com for service registry tweaks for vista, there's so much crap running in the background its just eating ram, I have laptops running vista and hate how it works but after tweaking I can put up with it, I would have overwritten it with XP but it could be problematic with the newer hardware and drivers. I use XP pro on the desktop/ editing PC which is also tweaked and fast even after 3 years, never crashed or let me down in any way. H

4. DeadPixel

DeadPixel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for suggestion Flash Hary about black viper, me too use vista on a laptop, it has 4 gb ram, but photoshop work too slow, and stock sometmes for short while (expecially when use clone stamp, or healing brush etc. when need a lot of actions in a short time). I always liked xp, just this time got the laptop with vista installed. Thought i might try, but seems that much worst than i expected (regarding working speed, of course)

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Also try allocating more ram to Photoshop in the program itself, put plugins n scratch disc on another drive if you have two, use black viper super tweaks for vista to take the load off but back up everything first, windows has too much running that isn't needed, we need a tool that works our way not bloody bill gates way. H

6. DeadPixel

DeadPixel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

:mrgreen: