Best deals?

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Where can I find the best deals on camera lenses? Are there some camera gear sites out there that offer good prices? I am looking for a wide angle lens...I'm hoping to find some black friday deals too :) Thanks guys!

~Jaime

Thanks! I am looking on KEH.com and heres another question...if it says "35mm SLR manual focus lens" does that mean it can only be used with a 35mm SLR? I have a Canon EOS 20D...

Any canon EF or EF-S lens will work on your 20D, The old FD mount will not.

now, the EF-S will only work on crop sensor bodies like the 20D-40D, and rebel line. They will not work on a film, full frame sensor, the 1D series or the 10D(i think that this was built before EF-S was created)

Oh ok wow, that's awesome. Because they all say 35mm lens, and being the uneducated camera person that I am, I worried that that meant film cameras only.

Ok so Canons are still super pricey on KEH...does this look like a good buy?
Sigma Digital
10-20 F4-5.6 EX DC HMS (77) WITH HOOD, CAPS, CASE, DIGITAL SLR ZOOM SUPER WIDE ANGLE LENS $399.00

Or this one:
Sigma
Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Aspherical (IF) Lens for Canon Digital EOS

Is 18-200mm to much of a range...?

I'm sorry, I am just still new to this all and want to make sure I get the right thing!!! I appreciate your guys' advice SO MUCH!!!

ok... thread is morphing into a lens question...

first question that is always asked... budget?
next question.... what do you want to shoot?

For used stuff..... My best deals have always been locally with individuals or small camera stores. That should also be something to look into... just be careful.

btw.. rule of thumb (which means not necesarily always true).. longer the focal range the lower the quality. It is a compromise between IQ and convenience.

again.. the lenses you specify are so different in focal range the only way to make a choice between the two is to know what you expect out of the lens.

budget?
what do you want to shoot? (what do you expect out of the lens)

Once those two are answered, people might chime in with more options.

<also consider starting a new thread>

Mostly landscapes, and some creative portraiture. I know, two totally different things...budget of maaayyyybe $300-$500

Most reactions

Back