Best Disposable camera out there?

not sure which is the best, but I do know you can get a "disposable" digital camera now adays... I have only seen it at like big chain drugstores... and they come in still photography and video...
A friend of mine had acouple of those and rigged it up with a usb port so he can reuse them... but hes way smarter than me...

In general I have developed a preference for Kodak film over Fuji. But I would probably advise you to get the fastest speed film in either Fuji or Kodak.
If it comes with built in flash I would cover the flash lens with black tape. What you want is probably outside the range of the flash and anything that is illuminated by flash would probably screw everthing up in the printing brightness decision process.
This year I wanted a waterproof disposable and took the advise of a surfer who prefered the Fuji controls. I bought a Fuji and found it to work very well in bright sun. Indoors I do not know.

minew_m said:
I am going to a concert in February and am only allowed to bring a disposable camera. What do you recomend?
I recomend that you take a disposable camera... and smuggle a good camera in.

but you didn't hear that from me. ;)

df3photo said:
not sure which is the best, but I do know you can get a "disposable" digital camera now adays... I have only seen it at like big chain drugstores... and they come in still photography and video...
A friend of mine had acouple of those and rigged it up with a usb port so he can reuse them... but hes way smarter than me...

I will have to look for that. I have not seen those around. I'll check at a couple of stores tomorrow. Thanks

sobolik said:
In general I have developed a preference for Kodak film over Fuji. But I would probably advise you to get the fastest speed film in either Fuji or Kodak.
If it comes with built in flash I would cover the flash lens with black tape. What you want is probably outside the range of the flash and anything that is illuminated by flash would probably screw everthing up in the printing brightness decision process.
This year I wanted a waterproof disposable and took the advise of a surfer who prefered the Fuji controls. I bought a Fuji and found it to work very well in bright sun. Indoors I do not know.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't even think of the flash. I'll have to try that out!

LittleMan said:
I recomend that you take a disposable camera... and smuggle a good camera in.

but you didn't hear that from me. ;)

Yeah I wish it would be that easy. At all of these big metal concerts I've been to, they pat you down and make you show them everything in your pockets. If theres anything that they don't allow, it gets thrown into a bin and you'll never see it again. I wouldn't want to risk a good camera. I'll try my luck with a disposable camera.

I really don't understand why they would allow disposable cameras and not regualar cameras. That makes no sense at all.

They do have disposables with zoom now. And it's Kodak. I'd go with that if it were me. I do agree about the flash though. If you use a flash, it'll be lighting up the backs of peoples heads but won't help with the band.

Hope you get some good shots!

You could always find a good p&s digital that's around the same size as a disposable and break apart the disposable to smuggle the digital in... ;)

Buy a decent compact, they won't be able to tell the difference :)

Olympus Epic Stylus or Mju II (same camera, two equally silly names) is a good choice and on Ebay won't cost much more than a disposable. Has flash too, but I'd recommend you don't use it - just use high ISO film.

minew_m said:
I am going to a concert in February and am only allowed to bring a disposable camera. What do you recomend?

Cheating.

The only reason I percieve that they allow disposables specifically is because they think that you can't take a good picture with one and that it won't turn up anything good. So cheat.

Most reactions

Back