richardquinn80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Total amatuer so c&c welcome haha, tnx

Attachments

• $image-1559647371.jpg
    $image-1559647371.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 64
Pretty shot, but in my opinion, the shadow in baby's face is not correct. You had to put children in the whole sun light place.

Hey, Richard, I'm an amateur as well.

The subjects are rather small in the frame.
They could have been turned toward the sun a little more.
You could have used flash to fill the shadows.
The girl should be head up at least, if not always looking at the camera.
The background is distracting due to the mix of very dark tree and sunlit shrubbery.
I'm not a fan of vignetting for ordinary photographs.

Pretty shot, but in my opinion, the shadow in baby's face is not correct. You had to put children in the whole sun light place.
. I did think of that but I thought if I done the they would just squint their eyes as the sun would have been in their eyes?

Hey, Richard, I'm an amateur as well. The subjects are rather small in the frame. They could have been turned toward the sun a little more. You could have used flash to fill the shadows. The girl should be head up at least, if not always looking at the camera. The background is distracting due to the mix of very dark tree and sunlit shrubbery. I'm not a fan of vignetting for ordinary photographs.
. Hi, yes I agree now looking at it, the background us abit disturbing, and tes a flash would have been good. Thanks for the advice

. I did think of that but I thought if I done the they would just squint their eyes as the sun would have been in their eyes?

Perhaps if they were facing the sun straight on. Just a little off would not make them squint, IMO.

There are other ways to lessen squinting. If you have a dark area behind you, their eyes would be largely on the darker area, and it would lessen the impact of a bright sky. Also, try posing your subjects in open shade, providing that they are not looking directly at a sight sky. You should still use flash, but you can turn down the power.

Most reactions

Back