Best headphones?

maaatter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have any suggestions for a good pair? Preferably over the ear, just for home use, nothing in a studio and whatnot.

Yeah, Sennheiser is great. Lots of stuff at lots of price points, and it's pretty much all a good deal.

Grado is also really nice, but they're an open design. Meaning everyone in the room can hear them when they're on, and they don't block any room sounds out for you. Amazing fidelity though.

I really like my Bose headset. They also have quite the range in price points and their sound is phoenominal.

Avoid Bose and Beats. All brand name and nothing to demand that price tag. Stick with Senny's, Grado, Audio Technica, etc. I have a pair of the ATH-M50's and not only are they darn near indestructable, they are incredibly comfy and sound really good.

Avoid Bose and Beats. All brand name and nothing to demand that price tag. Stick with Senny's, Grado, Audio Technica, etc. I have a pair of the ATH-M50's and not only are they darn near indestructable, they are incredibly comfy and sound really good.

This.

I currently have the Sennheiser HD-580 and HD-650, as well as a collection of high end in ear monitors by Westone, Shure, and Ultimate Ears. If you don't mind open headphones, you simply can't go wrong with the Sennheiser HD line.

To me, Grado's sound amazing (I'm a total treble-head), but the comfort is so, so bad that I can't wear them for more than half an hour at a time. I should say that the SR-60's sound way better than their budget price tag implies.

I own a pair of Bose headphones, and they're awful. I actually own a lot of Bose products and they've all fallen apart. Sennheiser is very good, but I personally recommend AKG. I'm a professional recording musician and AKG is what a lot of engineers I know swear by.

How important is noise cancellation to you? I fly a lot and the Bose QC15's are unbelievable at NC. You can close your eyes and drift into your own world, you don't hear the cabin noise at all.

Most reactions

Back