Best host for a photo website?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would have posted this elsewhere, but i want it to be seen, and some of the other threads arent as used. I'm going to start making a portfolio/photo gallery webpage, and I just wanted to know what might be a reliable web host. Something not to expensive, too would be nice. Like, less than 5 or 6 bucks a month. is that not enough? I might be asking too much. I'll probably use it to host some videos and other files i've made, in a different section of course, probably not with direct links to the actual files. So i'll want a host that has fair amount of space available (at least 600mb or so). any ideas are appreciated!

I'd suggest giving www.1and1.com a try, they have a $4.95 plan that includes 1 gig of space and 25 gigs of traffic. Pretty nice little package.

If you do decide to go with them, use the link above to sign up and they will give ThePhotoForum credit for refering you.

im with 1and1, alot of people dont like them but i have had no problems and they have very little down time.

also they give you £300 worth of free software on the uk site, i dont know if its the same in the US. One of the software packages they give you is called NetObjects8 and is for creating websites, its very easy to use and can also create Photo galleries in seconds. I made this site for my cousin within about an hour of installing the software, markdillonphotography.com and i had never made a site before in my life. This site is hosted on Yahoo geocites which is free, so that might be worth considering depending on how much you are going to upload

hope this helps a bit

You know, its funny. I've read a lot of bad about them on a few sites, too, and that completely confuses me. Pricing is great and I've always had outstanding support when I've had to call them.

Most reactions

Back