Best in Show

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I put three pictures into the Bolton Fair this year. There was some decent competition, but I win two first place ribbons, one second, and best in show. This is my third year in a row winning best in show, so I'm pretty enthused.

If you're interested, this was best in show and first place in architecture.

Spiral%20Stair.jpg

This one won first place in "fine art" (sort of a catch all)

Subway%20Tunnel%20-%20033.jpg

And this one won second place in people. Honestly I thought this was my best in show winner, so I was surprised. I was bummed that the first place winner had taken his down before I got there. I'd have loved to see whatever beat this one.

Banjo%20Man%20-%20236%20rev2%20bw.jpg

Thanks for letting me gush a bit. :)

ChristopherCoy said:
Nice work! I love the tunnel shot, but personally I think I would like it that much more if it weren't tilted. Congrats!

Thank you! :)

I love the tilt. It's part of the image.

Congrats! Well, we've talked about #1, and the jury agreed. The tilt in #2 is needed - partly because it takes a static scene (straight lines) and makes it dynamic (diagonals), and partly because it introduces some visual tension (follow the rails in the foreground to the bend, then the hidden rails to the upper left). As for #3 - it's a quiet image that rewards a careful look, and becomes more powerful with the recognition of the various elements - well seen, Chris.

Congrats! Well, we've talked about #1, and the jury agreed. The tilt in #2 is needed - partly because it takes a static scene (straight lines) and makes it dynamic (diagonals), and partly because it introduces some visual tension (follow the rails in the foreground to the bend, then the hidden rails to the upper left). As for #3 - it's a quiet image that rewards a careful look, and becomes more powerful with the recognition of the various elements - well seen, Chris.

Thanks, pgriz! :) :)

Congratulations! Some nice work! I wouldn't want to compete against you! ;)

I can't pic a favourite, all very different and all 3 are amazing, nice work!

Congrats. I always enjoy the lighting and mood of your work.

I wish our fair had good competition like yours! Decent would be nice... In proper color would be great...

Out of curiosity, how big did you print these, and how were they mounted?

:thumbsup:

Really diggin' the tunnel shot and the busker.

Thank you! :)

:thumbsup:

Really diggin' the tunnel shot and the busker.

"bukser"??? :lol: Thanks, man. The tunnel is one of my favorites. :)

Out of curiosity, how big did you print these, and how were they mounted?

All of these are my "typical" size, which is 18"x12". I print pretty much everything at mpix.com. I've been very happy with them. GREAT customer service, excellent quality prints. I print them mounted on double-weight backboard, and them frame them in frames from americanframes.com (also good folks). I get my glass down at the local hardware store. (little more than you asked for there, but seemed logical)

I wish our fair had good competition like yours! Decent would be nice... In proper color would be great...

I'm confused by this... am I misreading?

Congrats. I always enjoy the lighting and mood of your work.

Thank you very much, Desi. :) Nice to know I've gotten your attention enough that you have a sense of what my work is like and appreciate it. Really actually very neat for me. Thanks for saying so.

I can't pic a favourite, all very different and all 3 are amazing, nice work!

haha... thank you!

Very well done. congratulations on your awards.

Thank you very much, tuffy. I love pugs, btw. :)

#1 : You deserved it :D
#2: You deserved it :D
#3: You deserved it :D

hahahah... thanks as always, Freq.

Congratulations! Some nice work! I wouldn't want to compete against you! ;)

My wife says I'm not being nice by putting my stuff in the fair. :lol: This year there was some good stuff, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back