Best looking....

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
CAMERA?

I'd just like to take a moment to state that i think the Polaroid SX-70 is the best looking camera ever invented. Its beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooootiful. :)
sx70.jpg

What do you guys think? Do you agree or not? Or can you think of one better looking? :D

Personally the Rollei gets me going, but since we don't have one (though we do have a Yashica TLR!) I have to settle for looking at the SX-70 at home ;)

Well, I was thinking Rollei myself but since I have a Yashica, it seemed a better pick this morning. There's also some romance to shooting my Rolleiflex SL35 (German - of course) but I know it's probably just me because it's exactly like my first real camera. Might be the Zeiss glass though. :drool:

I love the SX-70, too! I have two of them; one is a twin of yours up there, Captain.

When you start reading about it and learn how Edwin Land was thinking when he designed it, it's nothing short of a miracle. In fact, I think I came across something in my reading where Ansel Adams referred to it as "an absolute miracle". He is one of my photographic heros. :lovey: Dr. Land, I mean.

Makes it all the more beautiful to behold. Plus, they're just freaking FUN! :lol:

Nikon F, with the non-metered prism. Started a revolution! Every F model then D series since just improved upon a great body, but none nearly as sexy!

I've got an SX-70 which is quite striking...you have got to love that built-in leather-ish paneling and when it's folded....it doesn't look anything like a camera.

There is something about the way a nice old view camera looks...but I also drool all over my 20D.

The SX-70 is definitly cool. I like the classic lines of the 4X5's and the Hassie's.

500classic.jpg

Most reactions

Back