Best methods for color photography...

jimsharpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi - After a long period of non-activity, I have renewed my efforts to work with color. I am interested in shooting medium format, and would like to end with color prints. But I don't particularly care for the general look of standard color negative prints. I prefer the overall look and saturation of reversal (for 35, I am a huge fan of Kodachrome). With medium format, there are various films with excellent saturation and tone from Kodak. But my problem is: How do I get that to translate to a decent print without breaking the bank? Dye transfer is way out of the question as it is too expensive. Cibachrome (now Ilfochrome) is possible, but not many places do it and it too is quite expensive. Also, to go from chromes to print can be tricky in terms of over-saturation and contrast (another reason why dye transfer is great, but simply cost prohibitive). So, how do I shoot chromes and get a decent, nicely saturated color print that retains most of the beauty of the original, without sacrificing the aforementioned details and my wallet? Anyone have any experience or ideas on this? Would love to hear from you... Thanks much...
f.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back